Age Proud Leeds - key messages
Age Proud Leeds is a campaign to raise awareness of ageism and change negative attitudes about ageing and older people.
Join us in our campaign to challenge age discrimination.
Age Proud Leeds focuses on five key messages from October 2019 to March 2021.
1. Let's talk about ageism (from October 2019)
Find out how widespread ageism is and how you can get involved in the campaign.
2. Ageism affects people of all ages (from February 2020)
Younger, middle aged, older? Ageism affects us all.
3. Ageism. What does it do to us? (from May 2020)
Age discrimination has many negative effects. Having a positive attitude to ageing can help you live well for longer.
4. Older, different, equal (from July 2020)
Older people are diverse. Ageing and ageism affect us differently.
5. Time to feel good about ageing (from October 2020)
Ageing brings many benefits. Share the positives and celebrate the contributions made by older people.