Get involved in Age Proud Leeds
Help us shift negative attitudes and age stereotypes by taking action:
- Sign up to hear the latest news from the campaign.
- Experienced ageism? See the Resources section of our website for where to get help and support.
- Take part in Wise Up To Ageism, our 90 minute online session aiming to raise awareness, encourage you to find out more, reflect and help you challenge ageism in your everyday life.
- Listen to Diverse Voices, our podcast in which people from diverse Leeds communities talk about ageism and discrimination.
- Watch Anti-ageism activism for everyone (YouTube, 51 minutes), a workshop run by Linda Glew and Sarah Prescott (Time to Shine), Dave Martin (Centre for Policy on Ageing), Vicky O’Donaghue (Age Better in Sheffield) on April 29 2021, as part of Age Better in Sheffield’s Stronger Together – a festival of co-production learning
- Become an Age Friendly Ambassador for Leeds.
- Talk to people in your community or workplace - you can download useful resources and activities to spread the message and share with others
- Talk about Age Proud Leeds on social media - use #ageproudlds
- Tell us about anything you may have seen heard or even done, that you think may be ageist - Ey up, is this ageist?
- We invite you to write a Postcard to your future self, to think about what life will be like for you when you're older - you can do this activity whatever age you are now.
Do you have something interesting to say about your experience of ageism? Get in touch if you would like to write a blog for us. (Email [email protected]).
Look out for more ways to get involved in the campaign as it progresses and we explore each of the key messages.