Age Proud Leeds
Have you ever been discriminated against as an older person?...or heard stories of discrimination from older people you work with?
Time to Shine, as part of Age Friendly Leeds, in partnership with Leeds City Council and NHS Leeds, is launching a new campaign – Age Proud Leeds. Will you join us?
Age Proud Leeds is a campaign to raise awareness of ageism and change negative attitudes about ageing and older people. Join us in our campaign to challenge age discrimination.
The launch will feature:
- speakers, including Joyce ‘Grandma Williams’ (who writes a fantastic blog ‘Exploring the modern world at 80 years old’)
- films, including the brand new Age Friendly Ambassador recruitment film
- an introduction to the campaign so you can find out how to get involved
The campaign, which will run until March 2021, will focus on 5 key themes:
- Let's talk about ageism
Find out how widespread ageism is and how you can get involved in the campaign.
- Ageism affects people of all ages
Younger, middle aged, older? Ageism affects us all.
- Ageism. What does it do to us?
Age discrimination has many negative effects. Having a positive attitude to ageing can help you live well for longer.
- Older, different, equal
Older people are diverse. Ageing and ageism affect us differently.
- Time to feel good about ageing
Ageing brings many benefits. Share the positives and celebrate the contributions made by older people.
During the campaign we’ll also be collecting examples of everyday ageism, that you might see around you. Please send any photos, web links, tweets etc to [email protected] There are some excellent examples on the Gransnet website.
Please book on Eventbrite. It is not essential to book but it will help us to know how many people are coming.