Become a Covid-19 Community Champion for your community
We at Forum Central are working in partnership with Leeds City Council, Voluntary Action Leeds and Hamara to connect with people who are interested in being a Covid-19 Community Champion. We are looking for people who live or work in Leeds who want to support their friends, family, neighbours and community to have the correct information about Covid-19 and the vaccine. This in turn will help them feel supported, make informed choices and stay safe.
We have currently recruited just over 20 champions through Forum Central and just over 50 in total. We are still open to recruitment and particularly keen to hear from people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, young adults and older people.
Working with Public Health and Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), this opportunity will provide you with the up-to-date information you need to feel confident having conversations about Covid-19 and the vaccine and signposting people to support. Through this project we would also like to hear from you about your experience, and your ideas for dealing with any local issues or concerns.
We look forward to working with a range of people who can help us meet the needs of all Leeds’ residents.
You can read more about the opportunity on the flyer attached here.
You can get involved in a wide range of flexible activities:
- Access to the training you need to have effective conversations
- Regular question and answer sessions with Public Health and Leeds CCG on health messages
- Peer support sessions with other Community Champions to share experiences and learning
- Sharing health messages with communities in different ways, such as:
- Through face-to-face conversations where possible
- Listening and talking with people on the phone or in online sessions
- Supporting community engagement to talk with people about testing or the vaccine
- Supporting the roving vaccination bus
If you are passionate, can make a commitment to this project and want to make a difference to your community we want to hear from you.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at [email protected]