Have I got older (people) news for you!? (December 2019)
At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here's the latest selection:
- Elizabeth is missing, BBC1 review – a tender but tough-minded drama about ageing and loss (the Arts Desk)
- Being #AgeProud and ageing better (Retirement Café podcast)
- Age does not define us (The age of no retirement)
- Trans ageing and care project: films about older transgender people (My Genderation)
- New Dynamics of Ageing (Research project, University of Sheffield)
- Are our workplaces ageist? (workingwise.co.uk)
- Why an age-friendly workplace must consider mental health and wellbeing (Mental Health at Work)
- Ageing needs to dominate this election – but not as conflict between millennials and boomers (Centre for Ageing Better)
- I fought ageing hard before deciding to go grey. It was the start of a brilliant new midlife. (Guardian)
- Are travel insurers penalising the elderly? (International Travel & Health Insurance Journal, 19.11.19)
- Priorities for government: transforming later lives (Centre for Ageing Better)
- Fears of demographic timebomb in UK are unfounded, says study (Guardian)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.