Have I got (older people) news for you?! January
At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We will share a few of these with you each month.
Here's the latest selection.
- Yorkshire Dance project brings ‘joy’ to dementia sufferers to tackle loneliness (Yorkshire Post, 15.01.19)
- Friends of Dorothy is fighting isolation in the elderly LGBTQ+ community in Leeds (Big Issue)
- Resilience in an ageing Greater Manchester (Ambition for Ageing – Ageing Better programme, Manchester)
- Half of Yorkshire adults 'do not feel part of local community' amid loneliness epidemic (Yorkshire Post, 02.01.19)
- VOCUS (Ageing Better in Camden)
- Britain among world’s most age segregated societies, report warns (Sky News)
- National measurement of loneliness: 2018 (Office for National Statistics)
- The best books on ageing (fivebooks.com)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.