Have I got older (people) news for you!? (March 2020)
At Time to Shine we see and read a lot of interesting stories and resources about older people. We share a few of these with you each month.
Here's the latest selection:
- A virus is nothing: elderly WW2 survivors refuse to submit to panic (Guardian)
- Arts and creative resources for older people (and anyone else) in isolation (Baring Foundation)
- Coronavirus scammers targeting vulnerable older people, say police (Guardian)
- Coronavirus support for older people – exercise at home (Move it or lose it)
- How to address the exclusion of older people? (Silver SMEs)
- Call for volunteers to help elderly in coronavirus crisis (Guardian)
- Coronavirus: how can I look after my older relatives? (BBC News)
- Top tips: diagnosis and management of mental health problems in older people (Royal College of GPs)
- 2 million over 55s live in dangerous homes, say charities (Guardian)
- We crumblies are less afraid of coronavirus than living in a country without care (Guardian)
- Local leadership can create better later lives for us all (Centre for Ageing Better)
You can subscribe to Later Life AGEnda free email newsletter, produced by Tony Watts, for a huge range of stories about older people. There are many other sources.