Round 7 of Small Funds is Open for Business
Local organisations can apply for between £5,000 and £10,000 to deliver a small project within one year.
Many of our past rounds have focused on a specific theme such as communication, relationships or transport.
This round has an "open" theme, so people be as creative as they want! If you have an idea for how to combat social isolation amongst older people, you are welcome to apply.
As an example, previously Funded projects have included:
- A breakfast café for older isolated men
- A befriending project for older isolated people living with dementia
- A postcard writing project linking isolated older people with new friends around the world using a combination of IT and traditional writing methods.
But we want to hear from you on what need you want to address in this round.
The timetable is:
1 March 2018: Applications Open
12 April 2018: Applications Deadline (Noon)
14 May 2018: Assessment Panel (applicants do not need to attend)
18 May 2018: Applicants notified of the decision
For more information, and to download the application materials, please visit LCF's website.
This project is not able to fund the following:
- Activity that’s purely about research, though evaluation of the proposed activity can be funded
- Capital Projects (where capital costs are between 50%-100% of the total project cost): buildings including upgrades and refurbishment; vehicle purchase (but can fund general transport costs as part of your project).
- Costs associated with a project which you are already undertaking (although we will pay for extending / expanding a current project if you can demonstrate it’s effective) or to replace funding streams that are no longer available.
- Current Time to Shine delivery partners
- Campaigning activity