Time to Shine update: August 2021
Here is a brief selection of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month …
We have recently had a problem with our website, causing some images and files not to be be available. We are working to fix this problem as soon as possible.
Among other activities, we have:
- launched the Age Proud Festival website
- published end of project reports for Float Your Boat, SELF and Community Support Project.
- delivered two Wise Up to Ageism sessions to Home Group
- delivered a session on ‘restarting memory cafes and groups’
- published the Autumn issue of Shine magazine and distributed 4,600 copies
Among other activities during this month, we expect to:
- welcome people to Leeds first Age Proud Festival
- launch the Age Proud Festival on Monday 6th September with an event at Leeds Playhouse
- host three days of events, to celebrate the Age Proud Festival, at Leeds City Museum - September 9, 10 and 11
- host a webinar - Ey Up - Is This Ageist? - with Ashton Applewhite, author of This Chair Rocks.
- host a webinar with Grandma Williams - ‘Being ancient in a modern world’
- deliver, with 100% Digital Leeds, a funding workshop for the 3rd sector, supporting small funds applications to develop digital inclusion projects
- launch the NHS Charities grant project, in partnership with The Performance Ensemble, developing our arts-based work with older people.
- invite people to tea at Left Bank to find out more about how to run Shared Tables events (14 September)
- run Transitions into Later Life training (9 & 15 September)
- host the Gay Dementia Adventure theatre and discussion (23 September)
- launch a series of events around self harm and older people, in partnership with Battle Scars
- host a stand at Age Proud Festival to highlight age proud work and promote Age Friendly Ambassadors, training and Dementia Friends.
Time to Shine Programme Manager (Legacy)