Time to Shine update: February 2021
Here is a brief summary of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month …
Our staff team continues to work effectively from home, with the challenges that brings.
- held weekly skills share sessions with Neighbourhood Networks
- launched the Co-production Toolkit, with our local evaluators at the Centre for Loneliness Studies (Sheffield University)
- launched part 1 of Diverse Voices - the Age Proud Leeds podcast
- planned and produced the February issue of Shine magazine
- supported Neighbourhood Networks with national Covid19 restrictions
- continued to promote the Age and Dementia Friendly Business Guide
- delivered the first Wise Up to Ageism session
- worked in partnership with Public Health to manage the second round of Older People's Covid grants as part of Leeds Covid Outbreak Plan.
- held the second monthly Neighbourhood Networks Older Men’s group.
Among other activities during this month, we expect to:
- distribute over 5,000 copies of the February issue of Shine magazine , with the support of Leeds City Council’s Passenger Transport department, to over 50 distributors across the city
- hold contract meetings with all our delivery partners to update on the Covid response
- seek a new delivery partner to assist in evaluation of the Friendly Communities Project
- further develop promotion of Age & Dementia Friendly Businesses
- create a promotional film to recruit more Age Friendly Ambassadors
- do a presentation to the Centre for Ageing Better about Age Proud Leeds
- launch part 2 of Diverse Voices
- launch monthly topics discussions as part of the Neighbourhood Networks Listening Ear project
- continue to deliver skills share opportunities for Neighbourhood Networks
- continue to deliver Time to Learn sessions for Time to Shine delivery partners
- establish a working group to look at Online Safety policy and information templates for organisations and individuals as part of the Neighbourhood Network Digital Working group
- deliver a national webinar with partners 100% Digital and Age UK Leeds to highlight work in breaking down barriers to digital inclusion for older people.
Time to Shine Programme Manager (Legacy)