Time to Shine update: November 2020
Here is a brief summary of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month, …
Our staff team continues to work effectively from home, with the challenges that brings.
- Continued to hold weekly skills share sessions with Neighbourhood Networks
- developed work with Let’s Dance agency to create our legacy website
- developed and published new reports and briefings on learning from Covid-19 and made reports from other Ageing Better programmes available
- produced a range of blogs, activities and resources related to Time to Feel Good About Ageing. (Key message 5 of Age Proud Leeds campaign).
- Promoted widely new Age Proud Leeds activities, Tell us one good thing about ageing! and Celebrate an older person.
- provided further detail for the proposal to the National Lottery Community Fund, for Time to Shine to be extended by a year
- established a Key learning: digital technology section on the website
- started filming about the Neighbourhood Networks’ response to the pandemic
- shared learning from Neighbourhood Networks about lessening the digital divide, with other Leeds partners at the Digital Leaders Festival
- promoted the role of Leeds third sector at Local Care Partnerships
Among other activities during this month, we expect to:
- receive and share news about the Lottery decision for a potential year 7
- hold weekly skills share sessions with Neighbourhood Networks
- publish a learning report about Shine Magazine
- produce a co-production toolkit, and associated training, with our local evaluators at the Centre for Loneliness Studies at Sheffield University.
- seek funding for intergenerational projects
- step up the campaign Time to Shine a Light on Loneliness
- continue to promote and celebrate Time to feel good about ageing
- launch the Neighbourhood Networks Digital Working Group to continue building their capacity to support more older people to get online
- support delivery partners to prepare for Covid compliant Christmas activities
Time to Shine Programme Manager (Legacy)