Time to Shine update: September 2020
Here is a brief summary of our recent work, and what we expect to be doing next month, as we move from the Covid response phase into the recovery phase.
Our staff team continues to work effectively from home, with the challenges that brings.
- continued to work with our delivery partners and supported them to make steps towards Covid compliance and some return to activity
- captured the learning from the Covid-19 response period through Time to Learn sessions with delivery partners
- supported Leeds City Council and voluntary sector agencies to manage a soft closure of the RU OK? telephone support programme and worked to match volunteers to organisations
- continued to gather stories through the ‘Time to Shine a Light on Loneliness’ campaign
- held regular skills sharing session with Neighbourhood Networks
- developed work with Let’s Dance agency to create our legacy website
- continued to publish briefings on learning from Covid-19 and make reports from other Ageing Better programmes available
- developed a business plan for the sustainability of Shine magazine
- risk assessed our offices for a return to work at Josephs Well
- Worked with Forum Central colleagues to plan, promote and deliver Summer Time Out, programme of training and development
- received the good news from the National Lottery Community Fund that the Ageing Better programme will be extended for a further year, and we started developing a proposal for Time to Shine.
Among other activities during this month, we expect to:
- continue to capture learning from the local Covid-19 response
- continue to support delivery partners to prepare for the Covid-19 recovery phase
- seek funding for potential sustainability for Shine Magazine
- seek funding for intergenerational projects
- capture stories of kindness and neighbourliness during Covid, through Time to Shine a Light on Loneliness
- consult with Older People about alterations to bus and railway stations and memory assessment clinics
- promote our Age & Dementia Friendly business guide to organisations in the Covid recovery phase
- work co-productively to prepare and submit our year 7 proposal to the Lottery
Time to Shine Programme Manager (Legacy)