Age Friendly Leeds
Time to move to a new website!
The Time to Shine programme will wind down in March 2022, after seven years working with our fantastic delivery partners, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Our host organisation – Leeds Older People’s Forum – has launched a beautiful new website, which includes all the key Time to Shine content.
You can now easily find:
- a wealth of reports, toolkits and case studies and more, published by Time to Shine, and the other Ageing Better programmes
- info on what the 131 Time to Shine funded projects did, linked to what we and they have learnt
- your local Neighbourhood Network and other organisations that work with and for older people in Leeds
- details of Age and Dementia Friendly businesses throughout Leeds
- how you can get involved, as an individual or an organisation, to help make Leeds the best city to grow old in
We will not be adding new content to this Time to Shine website, and will eventually close it. We hope you like the new LOPF site, and find it easy to use. Please let us know what you think.
The ambition for Age Friendly Leeds is to be the Best City to Grow Old in: a place where people of all ages actively participate in community life, where older people are valued, feel respected and appreciated, and are seen as the assets they are.
An age friendly community…
- enables people of all ages to actively participate in community activities and treats everyone with respect, regardless of their age
- is a place that makes it easy for older people to stay connected to people that are important to them
- helps people of all ages stay healthy and active
- offers support and assistance so that everyone can join in
In practical terms, an age friendly city adapts its structures and services to be accessible to all older people.
Join the Age Friendly Leeds Steering Group
For older people, living in Leeds - share your views, ideas, experiences or skills to help make Leeds more Age Friendly. We meet on a monthly basis, currently online via zoom.
Become an Age and Dementia Friendly Business
We encourage business and organisations to become more Age and Dementia Friendly.
Download our free guide to being an Age and Dementia Friendly business or organisation.
Join the Come in and Rest Scheme
We manage the ‘Come in and Rest’ scheme, through which local businesses and services can show they are welcoming to Older People who may want to pop in and sit down for a while.
Become an Age Friendly Ambassador
We have over 170 Age Friendly Ambassadors in Leeds! Anyone who is willing to take action to help raise awareness and spread the Age Friendly message to others can sign up as an ambassador.
Join the Age Proud Leeds campaign
Age Proud Leeds is a campaign to raise awareness of ageism and change negative attitudes about ageing and older people.
Join us in our campaign to challenge age discrimination.
To find out more please contact:
0113 244 1697
Leeds is one of more than 40 Age Friendly communities across the UK. The UK Network of Age Friendly Communities is coordinated by the Centre for Ageing Better. Leeds became an Age Friendly city in 2014, joining over 800 cities in 40 countries.
Leeds Age Friendly Partnership is working to make Leeds the best city to grow old in.