Age and Dementia Friendly businesses and organisations
We have developed a guide for businesses and organisations to support and encourage you to take action to become age and dementia friendly.
The guide aims to encourage local businesses and organisations to contribute to making Leeds a place where older people, and people living with dementia, actively participate in the life of the city.
You can download all five sections of the guide, and sign up to be age and dementia friendly, below:
How to become Age and Dementia Friendly : A guide for businesses and organisations in Leeds
The key information to help you become more Age and Dementia Friendly
Age and Dementia Friendly checklist
Get helpful ideas on what actions you could take
Age and Dementia Friendly Leeds
Background and local picture
Age and Dementia Friendly: Real life stories
Read about businesses and organisations in Leeds who have taken action
Going the extra mile
Contacts and Information if you want to take your age and dementia friendly work further
If you would like a paper copy of the guide please contact [email protected] / 0113 2441697 and provide a postal address.
After signing up you will:
- receive Age Friendly and Dementia Friendly stickers for your organisation
- get free publicity on the Friendly Communities section of the Time to Shine website, and on social media
- have the opportunity to list your business or organisation as Age and Dementia Friendly on Leeds Directory (an online listing of over 1,500 businesses and organisations which support people to live independently)
- receive our regular newsletter
- hear about initiatives, projects and events
- receive support in achieving your actions
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the actions you intend to take , please get in touch with the Friendly Communities team:
Age and Dementia Friendly businesses and organisations in Leeds
The following businesses and organisations have committed to take action to offer an Age and Dementia Friendly service, and to help make Leeds the best city to grow old in.
Can your business or organisation become Age and Dementia Friendly too?
Belle Isle Senior Action
Raymond White Optometrist
RSPB Aire Valley
You can also see a list of businesses and services in Leeds who have signed up to the Come in and rest scheme, where older people are welcome to pop in for a while and sit down, with no obligation to buy anything or use a service.