Key learning: Covid-19 crisis
The Covid-19 pandemic triggered a wave of change and adaptation throughout society, including the way we work at Time to Shine, and the way our delivery partners work.
We have added this key learning point to our initial six learning points, to ensure we identify and capture the opportunities for learning that were created. Many will be relevant not just about the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, but also in relation to other future crises.
We have also published a number of blogs relating to how we have all adapted, dating back to 11 March 2020.
Time to Shine reports
- Compassionate and informative telephone calls during Covid-19 (Time to Shine, March 2020)
- Telephone befriending: information and resources (Time to Shine, March 2020)
Time to Shine learning briefings
A series of short reports based upon the experiences of Time to Shine funded organisations during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Boosting confidence to regain independence (Time to Shine, July 2020)
- Helping people to get on-line before Winter 20/21 (Time to Shine, July 2020)
- Re-opening venues for indoor activities (Time to Shine, July 2020)
- Re-starting face-to-face support outdoors (Time to Shine, July 2020)
- Risk and volunteering in real life (Time to Shine, October 2020)
- Safer transport options after lockdown (Time to Shine, July 2020)
- Training, supporting and managing volunteers remotely (Time to Shine, October 2020)
- What happened to volunteering during the early stages of the Covid-19 pandemic (Time to Shine, October 2020)
- What will we do in the Winter? (Time to Shine, October 2020)
Reports from other Ageing Better programmes
- Adapting our support in response to Covid-19 - video (Ageless Thanet, October 2020)
- Ageless Thanet: Supporting businesses during COVID-19 - video (Ageless Thanet, October 2020)
- Covid-19 digital inclusion support - case studies (Ageing Better Middlesbrough, June 2020)
- Covid-19 Case study: Evington Crochet4All group (Leicester Ageing Together, June 2020)
- Developing social contact models in a time of social distancing (Ambition for Ageing, Manchester, July 2020)
- Engaging with members not online - teleconferencing (Ageing Better in Camden, June 2020)
- Enhancing resilience in East Lindsey communities (TED - Ageing Better in East LIndsey, June 2020)
- Social prescribing support during the Covid-19 crisis - infographics (Ageing Better Middlesbrough, June 2020)
- Telephone befriending - learning from Ageing Better Middlesbrough (Ageing Better Middlesbrough, June 2020)
- Vegetable Seed Drive (Leicester Ageing Together, July 2020)
- What has the Bristol Support Hub for Older People learnt about online and telephone group activities? (Bristol Ageing Better, September 2020)
- Volunteering in the pandemic: practical ideas for supporting people who help (Campaign to End Loneliness)