Key learning: strong and equal partnerships
Time to Shine is a partnership programme. From the start we knew that to reach 15,000 people in Leeds there was no way we could do that alone and nor should we.
Partnership has been key in every aspect of the programme. By bringing people together to work towards a shared goal; reducing loneliness and social isolation for older people in Leeds, we have shown that strong and equal partnerships create great outcomes for all.
- Our Core Partnership of older people and representatives from third sector organisation, health and social care have enabled effective management of the overall programme.
- We have worked alongside our Delivery Partners to help develop and manage creative, flexible projects which meet the needs of older people most in need.
- Time to Shine Delivery Partners have worked in their local communities to develop partnerships with referrers.
From this we have learnt that relationships of trust are vital in developing an effective partnership. Our Test and Learn approach has helped this, as in order to fully learn from the activities and services open communication and feedback is paramount.
Time to Shine reports
- Supporting Independence And Wellbeing For Frailty SWIFt (Time To Shine June 2019)
- Young at arts: reducing loneliness and social isolation through offering creative social opportunities (Care Connect)